Monday 13 April 2015

Home Office Set-up Upgrade Time



After a year or two of faithful service I've come to the conclusion that it's time to upgrade the faithful Kodak esp 1.2 AIO Colour Inkjet Printer for a Mono Laser Printer. Why upgrade a Printer that's only been used for a year or two for a Mono Laser Printer I hear you ask.

My faithful Kodak esp 1.2 AIO Printer


Well even though I've had faithful service out of my Kodak Colour Inkjet Printer for a year or two it's just not economical for my needs any more, as most of what I print out is black and white or colour just isn't important I'm stuck with full colour printouts from it when Printing from my Chromebook. I could use my HP Stream 7 Tablet for Printing out, but for most of what I print out daily it's just not as convenient as using a proper Laptop to go about my daily workflow.

I've narrowed down the selection to a Samsung SL-M2022W/XEU and a Brother HL_L2340DW, both these Printers are Mono Laser Printers so will be more economical as I'll only need a Black Toner Cartridge instead of a Black and Colour Ink Cartridge so although Black Toner Cartridges cost more than buying Black and Colour Ink Cartridges they'll last longer as a Colour Cartridge that I got less than a month ago for my Kodak has got about a quarter of its full capacity left while the high yield Black Ink Cartridge that I've had about two weeks longer is about three quarters full, so by the time the Colour Ink is empty I'll have two quarters of Black Ink left and I'll not be able to Print until I replace the Colour Cartridge.

Here's a little about each Printer in my short list 

Samsung SL-M2022W/XEU


Samsung SL-M2022W/XEU Wireless Mono Laser Printer

The Samsung can Print up to 10,000 pages which is amazing as well as having Google Cloud Print and Apple Air Print capabilities along with USB, WiFi & NFC connectivity which does more than I need as I only need Google Cloud Print, but the downside is that it has a pull down paper feed tray which isn't really what I want due to having a small child that likes to take paper from the Printer to make paper planes and draw on, but for £79.99 in the shop where I've seen it it's very tempting.

Brother HL-L2340DW

Brother HL-L2340DW Wireless Mono Laser Printer


The Brother can Print 250-2,000 pages per month which is acceptable for my usage as well as having Google Cloud Print and Apple Air Print capabilities along with USB, WiFi & Brother iPrint & Scan. It has a Paper drawer as well as a manual feed slot which s a must for me due to a son that likes playing with printer paper. It also has automatic double sided Printing which is a useful bonus as I wouldn't have to turn the page over for double sided printing. For £79.99 reduced from £99.99 in the same shop that I've seen the Samsung it's even more of a tempting choice for a replacement printer than the Samsung.

Conclusion

Now that I've settled on a choice of two I've got to make the long hard decision of which one to go for. Once I've made the purchase of the one that I think will suit my needs the most I'll do an Article on the Printer that I've chosen as well as a Home Office Set-up update Article.

Roland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

BBC News - Sheffield & South Yorkshire