Wednesday 6 October 2010

My move from OpenSuse 11.3 to Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition Part 1

Installing Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition

After reading about the impending release of Ubuntu 10.10 on the Ubuntu website and after some Googling to find out what the new features are going to be in the Netbook Edition of Ubuntu 10.10, and finding out that it will have a new Unity Desktop instead of the old Moblin desktop that was in Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition I thought that I would ditch OpenSuse 11.3 for Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition and update to Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition when it is released on Sunday.  I'm currently Installing the Beta of the Unity Desktop on to my running 10.04 Netbook Edition.  I'll add a post about Unity when I've taken it for a test drive.

I'll add part 2 of this two part post on Sunday when I get 10.04 Netbook Edition updated ot 10.10 Netbook Edition.

Roland
The next version of Ubuntu is coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

BBC News - Sheffield & South Yorkshire