Wednesday 7 May 2014

USB 3.0 2.5" HDD/SSD Enclosure Review

USB 3.0 HDD enclosure

 

My USB 3.0 HDD enclosure came to-day so here is my promised review.

The enclosure is mad of a piece of gloss black plastic while the frame that holds the SATA to USB 3.0 interface along with the HDD is made from matt black plastic. The whole enclosure fits together with plastic clips that snap the enclosure cover to the HDD holder, making for a rather neat looking screw free finish.

When copying the same .mp4 HD video file as I used in my Samsung SD Card review to the internal SSD of my Chromebook it was maybe a little slower than from SD Card to internal SSD and copying back to the HDD was considerably slower than from internal SSD to SD Card.

The bottle neck in writing to the HDD is more than likely due to the fact that I'm using a HDD that came in my Windows Laptop that I've had since 2010 until I upgraded the HDD in the Laptop to a 1TB HDD. I'll probably upgrade the USB HDD for an SSD at some point in the future so as not to lose any data.

The enclosure is so much thinner than my old one that it fits into the front pocket of my Laptop bag without looking too bulky.

Roland

Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

BBC News - Sheffield & South Yorkshire