Monday 20 April 2015

Home Office Set-up Upgrade Time (Update 2)



  After my last Article about my Home Office upgrade I thought that I'd write an update on the upgrade.

HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Wireless Mono Laser Printer
The HP LaserJet Pro P1102w is definitely more economical than my Kodak esp1.2 All In One InkJet Printer.




The supply status on the web control Panel used by HP says that I've printed 92 Pages and used 10% of the Toner in the starter Cartridge.

Supplies page of web interface

But in reality I've only printed 81 pages with the starter Toner Cartridge.

Page counts section of Device Configuration page of web interface
Weather the 90% remaining Toner report by the supplies page is correct or not is still to be seen, if it is I'd have used about 40-50% ink by now if I was using my Kodak printer still.

I had some initial bugs with the WiFi Printing that took a while to figure out, as I'd get about 6-10 pages printed before a blank page would be output and the printer would throw an error. I think I've solved this bug by turning Automatic IP off and setting a static IP address as well as setting the DNS Servers to Googles Public DNS Servers and I printed 6 pages off this morning without any errors.

Having to use Google Cloud Print via HP ePrint may not be as straight forward as using a Google Cloud Print ready Printer that is capable of connecting directly with Google Cloud Print but for a compact Mono Laser Printer like the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w it's well worth having to go through HP ePrint to use Google Cloud Print.

Roland


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement

BBC News - Sheffield & South Yorkshire